In light of the issues, we have been facing with spammers on the forum we have decided to move the HearingLikeMe community to a Facebook Group.

We believe that a Facebook Group will be more appropriate for the community to engage as it offers all the functionalities and security required to keep it free from malicious users.

We will close the HearingLikeMe forum in January 2018, in the meantime, you can already request to join the group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HearingLikeMe/

We are looking forward to meeting you there and continue the conversation.

Kind regards,

The HearingLikeMe Team

Lyric dies after 3 weeks

Member Posts: 1 Join Date : 07 Sep 2017
I've been using the Lyric for about 3 years with pretty decent success.  However, most recently, this year actually (2017), I don't seem to get more than 3 weeks before it shuts down.  I used to get about 4 months before replacements.  In any case, my habits with Lyric have not changed, so I am bit puzzled.  Contrary to some posts I have read in this forum, I cannot swim with it or get the slightest bit of water in my ear or it will die.  So, I remove it before swimming and showering and reinsert after; I put it to "sleep" at night otherwise I get tremendous feedback when I sleep on the side with the Lyric; and I also put it to sleep when I ride my motorcycle or use my earbuds with my MP3 player.  Same behavior I have always done.  My audi doesn't seem to know what's going one but she is happy to replace them when I call.  

Anyone else having similar issues?

Thanks!
Posted on : 07 Sep @ 11:32pm

Comments

• Member Posts: 1 Join Date : 19 Oct 2017
    Hi there: I don't have a problem with my Lyric dying, but I have had a problem when water gets into my ear -- it causes major pain, swelling and irritation every time. It was so bad the first couple of times I nearly gave up on the Lyrics altogether, but I stuck it out, coming up with all kinds of crazy ways of stopping up my ears to keep water out when I shower.  My Audiologist has been adamant that I can't take them out and put them back in, so I'm amazed to hear that you do that. Is there anything special about how you remove them and put them back? Do you have a tool that you use to insert? Thanks.
    Posted on : 19 Oct @ 12:29am